Intent - Our Vision
We want our children to:
- Be physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness.
- Take part in sport and other activities.
- Understand how values such as fairness and respect are embedded in P.E. activities.
- Value the importance of physical well-being and the link to mental health and well-being.
- Achieve their personal best rather than competition against others.
- Take part in team work through our value of unity.
- Use the reflective learning tool for children to analyse and narrate their successes and struggles.
- Develop simple skills for fuelling their future leaning.
- Have an attitude of "Can I win? Will I win? Will I take part anyway?"
Implementation - How we will deliver this to achieve our goal
- Cross curricular: literacy links, music and movement.
- Forest School and Outdoor Learning.
- Brain Breaks.
- Continuous provision encourages physical activity eg activities based in sensory circuits on weekly Challenge Charts.
- Specialist teacher employed weekly to teach dance.
- Annual events: Healthy Hearts Sponsored run, Sports day.
- After school activities have a big focus on physical activity (Dodgeball, Football, Multi-sports, Boogie Pumps).
- Eco-therapy sessions are run weekly outdoors 1:1.
- Playground resources include climbing wall and sport activities led by Lunchtime Learning Leaders.
- Reception outdoor area resources include plentiful gross motor activities having been refurbished 2020.
- Cross referencing to Fundamental Movement Skills to ensure coverage and progression eg dribbling, passing, retrieving, scoring.
Impact - How we know our vision has come to fruition
Our children are ready for the next stage of their educational journey, leaving us:
- With a desire to show their best and experience progress and success.
- Having the confidence to try new things and step outside comfort zone.
- With the opportunities to work as a team, recognise the importance of healthy living and with effective fine and gross motor control.